Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pay up AND resign

This would be my message to MPs who have abused and fiddled the system. The present (frankly unbelievable) outcry that the "rules" have now been changed by Sir Thomas Legg and that it's "unfair" to MPs just won't wash. I am fed up with them, and I suspect that I am one of millions. This is by far the worst, sleaziest, self-serving bunch of MPs in my memory. Don't forget we still have serving ministers who have fiddled their expenses and an Attorney-General who has broken the law and several Lords who have manipulated legislation for quite substantial under-the-table payments.
I refuse to listen to any more whining. Pay back what you have filched from the taxpayer, then resign! That's my message to all MPs.  And if they think they can get away with it by fillibustering until the next election I say go after them, just as HMRC resolutely pursues taxpayers who default. Give them no peace until they pay the money back. I hope then that this will be the last we hear of any of them

No comments:

Post a Comment